A Board of Your Peers
SPURR Board of Directors and Managing Director
February 2022, left to right
- Dr. Candi Clark, SPURR Bd Treasurer, Alameda COE Associate Superintendent for Business Services
- Christine Miktarian, SPURR Bd Member, State Center CCD Vice Chancellor of Operations & Information Systems
- Scott Siegel, SPURR Bd Member, Ceres USD Superintendent (recently retired)
- Luis Freese, SPURR Bd Member, West Contra Costa USD Associate Superintendent Facilities, Maintenance & Bond
- Glen Senestraro, SPURR Bd Member, Fortuna Union HSD Superintendent
- Michael Rochman, SPURR Managing Director
- Brian Stephens, SPURR Bd President, Tracy USD Superintendent
- Robin Schmitt, SPURR Bd Member, Brentwood Union SD Chief Business Official
- Karin Temple, SPURR Bd VP and Clerk, Fresno USD Chief Operations Officer
Not shown: Arlitha Harmon, SPURR Bd Member, Kern CCD Chief Financial Officer
Working with SPURR
SPURR aggregates purchasing power and expertise for California public education agencies and other eligible entities. We operate procurement and consulting programs for natural gas, electricity, LED lights, solar energy, telecommunications and internal networking, and expense management.
SPURR aggregates purchasing power and expertise for California public education agencies and other eligible entities. When an “Eligible Entity” becomes a “Participant” in one of our programs they adopt SPURR’s competitive RFP process. Typically we:
- Publish an RFP and invite dozens of prospective vendors to submit pricing and terms.
- Answer vendor questions and obtain clarifications to responses.
- Evaluate compliant responses, using price as the most important factor, but not the only one.
- Select winning vendors for awards of specific items or services
- Enter into SPURR Master Contracts (SMCs) with the winning vendors and make the included pricing and terms available to “Eligible Entities” in California.
Ready To Participate
SPURR members benefit from the procurement work we’ve done and the great prices we negotiate.
If you like our terms and if your internal contracting rules allow, you can start buying right away.