SPURR’s Board of Directors recently passed Resolution 2022-01 in opposition to PG&E’s proposed rate increases in the utility’s 2023 General Rate Case(GRC).
According to GRC documents filed by PG&E in June 2021, PG&E requests the following sample class average rate increases effective January 2023, as compared to then-current rates:
- Bundled Electricity, Small Commercial Customer Class: 18.4%
- Bundled Electricity, Medium Commercial Customer Class: 13.4%
- Bundled Electricity, Large Commercial Customer Class: 12.3%
- Natural Gas Transport, Core Small Commercial Customer Class: 25.4%
- Natural Gas Transport, Core Customer CNG Stations: 30.7%
- Natural Gas Transport, Noncore Distribution Level: 23.0%
In support of the City of Fresno’s advocacy in response to these excessive proposed rate increases, Resolution 2022-01 calls upon the California Public Utilities Commission to freeze PG&E’s rates until (a)PG&E has identified internal cost-cutting and spending control measures, including a substantial reduction of non-essential expenses within their existing organization, and (b) PG&E has committed to internal cost reductions that will lead to rate increases significantly below the increases proposed in the 2023 GRC.
To see the resolution, click here: SPURR Rsltn 2022-01 re PGE GRC signed